On Sun, Oct 06, 2002 at 12:09:46AM +0900, MikkelFJ wrote:

> "Jim Freeze" <jim / freeze.org> wrote in message
> news:20021005093744.A71192 / freeze.org...
>
> > So, there it is. Modruby is doing nothing and is 41% slower
> > than php for the test cases given.  Could this be a configuration issue?
>
> If you bother, I'd be interested to hear about similar timings for
> Ruby/FastCGI
> http://fenris.codedogs.ca/~eli/fastcgi.html
> There are two versions: a C interfaced and a pure Ruby version.

I'll look into it today and report back here.

> It would also be interesting to know the difference between Ruby and PHP
> when discounting the startup time.

I'm not sure the best/easiest way to test this.

> Mikkel

After I posted I started thinking that maybe I had the Ruby
version of eruby instead of the C version (eruby vs erb,
I can never remember which is which).

This is what I have.

  <IfModule mod_ruby.c>
  RubyRequire apache/eruby-run