On 2002.10.01, Dave Thomas <Dave / PragmaticProgrammer.com> wrote:
> >     def func (a)
> >         raise "type error" unless a.kind_of? Fixnum
>
> Ruby types are not releated to classes. They're related to object
> protocols (the infamous Duck Typing). That's what gives Ruby much of
> its appeal. Testing for classes is really very poor style, and
> artificially constrains the users of your code.

I can see how type checks like the above would be restrictive,
but I can't find anything about "Duck Typing" on Google.

I did find a couple references to Matz talking about Dave Thomas
talking about Duck Typing.

Then there's a reference to Donald Duck, typing.  (Maybe this is
what Mr. Thomas is talking about?)

Any help would be appreciated.

 - Ryan King