Hi all,

I'm new with ruby and I'm just still learning with this language
(which is quite good ;-)).

I have ruby 1.6.1 and linux

My code:

#!/usr/local/bin/ruby

#logfile = File.new("/home/eric/rubytest/fact.rb","r")
logfile = File.open("/home/eric/rubytest/fact.rb", "r")

print logfile.size("/home/eric/rubytest/fact.rb"), "\n"

I have all the rights for the dedicated file.
I tryed new and open method with various mode and size method
with or without parameters. If I replace the method 'size' with 'atime',
it works well. I had a look in mailing list and news group archives
but couldn't find any answers to my question. I'm using manual
for 1.4, is it still valid?

what did I miss that I can't know the size of the file? I tested
as well other methods which didn't work in File class. Can
anyone help?

Tkx in advance
regards
--