Hi,

Hmm.  It works for me (squid).
Request format of http-access2/version G might not be acceptable
for some kind of proxy server.

Can you send me a wiredump?  To get wiredump;

  drv = SOAP::Driver.new( ... )
  drv.setWireDumpDev( File.open( "dump.log", "w" ))
  drv.callSomeMethod( ... )

By the way, current CVS code has wsdlDriver
which reads WSDL file and connect to the server.
It works as below like current SOAP::Driver.

#!/usr/bin/env ruby
require 'soap/wsdlDriver'
# Current GoogleSearch beta2 server uses old XMLSchema(1999).
require 'soap/XMLSchemaDatatypes1999'

# You must get key from http://www.google.com/apis/
authorizedKey = ARGV.shift

# But the distributed WSDL file uses new XMLSchema(2001).
# To create GoogleSearch1999.wsdl;
# cat GoogleSearch.wsdl | sed -e 's/2001/1999/g' > GoogleSearch1999.wsdl
driver = SOAP::WSDLDriverFactory.new( "GoogleSearch1999.wsdl" ).createDriver
driver.setHttpProxy( proxyUrl ) if needed
driver.setWireDumpDev( STDERR ) if needed
puts driver.doGetCachedPage( authorizedKey, "http://www.ruby-lang.org/en/index.html" )

wsdlDriver.rb has not been tested well especially variation of WSDL files.
Are there anyone who can test wsdlDriver with your WSDL file?
You also can get WSDL files from http://www.xmethods.com/ .

Regards,
// NaHi