First, thanks for all the good suggestions for my last
translation-related question. I had to turn in the file before the
last suggestion arrived, so I couldn't change class ify to organize, as
Hal suggested.

Too bad we can't subject the whole book to this kind of scrutiny. But
then the translation would not appear until about the time of Ruby
20.7, I'm afraid.

***

The current question is from the Ruby Book, ch6, in the text directly
above Figure 6-8.

What does 屈形の世界 (kukkei ? no sekai) refer to?

Context:

次に、問題になるのは境界条件です。このライフゲームは有限で屈形の世界に
なっています。

[Rough tl.]

Next, there is the question of border conditions. This Game of Life is
limited/finite and constitutes a distorted/skewed/bent?? world.

Look forward to your input.

Thanks.

Jon

--