Not all of us are blessed with the opportunity to be able to develop on
Linux/Unix systems.
Thus, I have a couple of questions about Ruby for Win32 and DOS-box
environments:
   1. the ftp site for precompiled Win32/DOS binaries is at:
ftp://ftp.netlab.co.jp/pub/lang/ruby/pc
       It lacks a README file or a 00-INDEX file, so it is rather
difficult to tell for sure what each file is
       and which one(s) are necessary, optional, interesting, useful,
etc.  Also, it appears that this site
       has not been updated since Ruby 1.4.5.  Does anyone know who the
current maintainer of this
       folder is, so I could ask him/her a few questions?  Also, does
anyone know if / when this ftp site
       will be updated with the new 1.6.1 version of Ruby?

   2. in case the answers to question 1 lead me to a dead end (as I
suspect they may), does anyone know
       how (preferably by personal experience) to go about recompiling
the source to run under Win32
       and/or DOS-box environments.

Thanks to all for any help, links, other resources, etc. that you may be
able to provide.
Dennis
dennisn / pe.net