> How about Ruby and COM? I found the winole stuff but that is not fully
> COM, so does someone have better suggestions?

Do you mean, WIN32OLE allows Ruby -> COM but not COM -> Ruby? You can check
out RubyCOM for the latter
[http://www.geocities.com/masonralph/rubycomdoc.html] ... I've not worked
with it much. What I have done has worked ... but I've been hestiant to go
forward with using it because it's still pretty new and the author
unfortunately hasn't been too accessible lately (hey to Ralph if your out
there reading this). He did send me his sources (VC++), but I was unable to
get them to compile, I'm not enough of a VC++ junkie to be able to work it
out and Ralph has been busy earning a living.

Ideally, I'd like to see a sf.net or equivalent project setup and get the
latest code in shape. If anyone reading this is interested, we'd need to get
a blessing from Ralph and we could go with the sources I've got (assuming I
haven't misplaced them in the last few weeks and assuming Ralph is still
tied up elsewheres...)

Chris