I did a quick search on the ruby-talk archive, but to no avail, so here's my
question ...

I'm trying to use postgres in some code accessed through mod_ruby. However,
I'm having issues with "safe-ness" :-(.  I assume there's something obvious
I'm missing, but I just can't see it.

What happens is that when I try to make a connection to my datasource, and
the DBI code tries to "require" the appropriate Ruby database library, it gets
an exception, saying this is an insecure operation.

I had similar problems in other places, and just did an untaint on the
appropriate objects.  That's the kind of hacking I obviously want to minimise
in a web application.

In any case, I can't work out how to fix this one, since the string in the
require is hard-coded and I definitely don't want to hack the module.

It seems to me that this must be a common issue, since it would presumably
happen with any library one wished to use in mod_ruby code.

Thanks in advance,

Harry O.