Hello Yohanes,

>> I am working on a server-oriented application which is threaded, each
>> connection to the server creates a new thread

YS> So, in the end, if you see that your number of threads are growing in
YS> step with the number of connection, perhaps it is time for you to
YS> re-evaluate the design.

if he writes server, not client, it is better to use one thread per
connection. also, ruby threads are very light and IMHO you can't save
time by simulating thread switching in your own code

also, about thread-specific data - all blocks created when executing
new thread will have data independent from other threads

--
Best regards,
 Bulat                            mailto:bulatz / integ.ru