"Phil Tomson" <ptkwt / shell1.aracnet.com> wrote in message
news:anf8491ct1 / enews3.newsguy.com...
> This is a rather strange item.  I was checking out comp.arch.fpga
> (newsgroup dedicated to subjects dealing with using FPGAs[Field
> Programmable Gate Arrays] for computing) and saw a post that pointed to
> this link:

FPGA is just another kind of software and 36MHz is not really impressive
compared to 2GHz Pentiums and I'm sure each TCL primitive uses a fair number
of cycles. Still, it's useful for embedded systems where an software
interpreter would take up too many resources.

Mikkel