At 03:34 AM 10/3/2002 +0900, you wrote:
> >>But shouldn't it be local to the block? It may cause nice errors...
> >>If it is available outside the block, it is a Bad Idea(tm).
> >This is an issue discussed previously on this list as well as feature
> >enhancements to Ruby in future versions if I am not mistaken.  In the above
> >code k is defined outside the code block and that is why it's assignment
> >within the code block is retained outside of it.
>
>So it won't change in the future?

Unfortunately, I haven't been using Ruby that long but again noticed the
topic discussed.  I am sure it is preferable to have a 'local' context as
would be expected but it can affect older code.  I have confidence that the
individuals running the Ruby show will come up with something to satisfy us
all : )