This is a rather strange item.  I was checking out comp.arch.fpga
(newsgroup dedicated to subjects dealing with using FPGAs[Field
Programmable Gate Arrays] for computing) and saw a post that pointed to
this link:

http://www.gmvhdl.com/acrodesign/research.html#tob

They've apparently implemented a Tcl interpreter in _hardware_.
Does Tcl have a virtual machine (I didn't think it did)?  Perhaps they've
implemented a Tcl virtual machine in hardware (I suppose it would be
called a 'real' machine then since it wouldn't be 'virtual' anymore).

Ruby in hardware anyone?  That could speed things up quite a bit.  Or how
about Parrot in hardware?

Phil