> Here are just a few suggestions of mail lists
> (Most of these are not original, but come from other
> groups I have seen, eg, FreeBSD)
>
>  cvs-all               Changes made to the source tree
>  ruby-advocacy         Ruby Evangelism
>  ruby-announce         Important events and project milestones
>  ruby-arch             Architecture and design discussions
>  ruby-bugs             Bug reports
>  ruby-chat             Non-technical items related to the Ruby community
>  ruby-config           Development of Ruby installation and configuration tools
>  ruby-core             Discussion concerning RCR's and patches for Ruby
>  ruby-docs             Discussion concerning Ruby and library documentation
>  ruby-jobs             Ruby employment and consulting opportunities
>  ruby-newbies          New Ruby users activities and discussions
>  ruby-questions        User questions and technical support
>  ruby-security         Security issues
>  ruby-test             Where to send your test messages instead of one of the actual lists
>  ruby-www              Issues for using Ruby with http servers

I'll second the notion!  I am not sure if we need all these mailing
lists, but I definately agree that there needs to be an organization
of the mailing list.  This ML was probably just right for ruby when
it was getting off the ground, now that there is a large and growing
user base, it is time to organize the list in a more efficient manner.

-Michael