Hi --

On Tue, 1 Oct 2002, Nikodemus Siivola wrote:

> On Tue, 1 Oct 2002 dblack / candle.superlink.net wrote:
>
> > > A further thought: create ruby-chat as a place to move persistent OT
> > > discussions on to -- like the recent R-discussion, Larry Wall on Ruby, etc.
> >
> > Well, I think designing a list for OT things and putting the word
> > "ruby" in it is a bit problematic :-)  All of these lists should be
>
> True enough. But there are degrees and directions. to relvance .. The
> R-discussion has little relevance to ruby, but ruby has a lot of relevance
> to R. Call it marginal relevance instead of off-topic, if you prefer. ;)

Perl has a lot of relevance to Ruby, but Ruby groups are not in a Perl
hierarchy.  I am definitely not in favor of chartering groups and
lists that are for topics of "little relevance to Ruby".  That just
doesn't make sense.

David

--
David Alan Black                      | Register for RubyConf 2002!
home: dblack / candle.superlink.net     | November 1-3