Chris Gehlker wrote:

>> new aplle's unix-derived OS. so, at this time OC is dead,
>> except for using it in nextstep/darwin programs
>
> I'm sure these guys, http://www.gnustep.org/, these guys,
> http://simplygnustep.sourceforge.net/, and these folks over
> here, http://www.linuxstep.org/ will be upset to learn that.

I'm sure Brad Cox, a frequent poster here, will also be somewhat
disappointed ;-).

I read Brad's 0-C book "OOP-An Evolutionary Approach" back in
1985. It was inspirational. Although I have never worked
seriously with NextStep, One of the delights of Ruby was
rediscovering some of Brad's ideas implemented in a new
language.

BTW. There was extensive debate on the PragProg LOTY list about
which language to study next year. Objective-C had many
advocates.

Aidan