I was reading through the Excite-translated ruby-list archives (thank
you, thank you...) and I noticed that someone posted a comment about
the preface to the Ruby book which AWL have on their web site.

In the preface, it says "This book documents version 1.6 of Ruby, which
was released in July 2000."

AWL took the text for their web site from an old version of the book
that we sent in for copyediting a couple of months ago. The printed
book has the date changed to "September 2000".

This is just another case of web time being quicker than real-world
time.

Dave