Hello William,

WDT> Hi Bulat,

WDT> I am using Ruby v 1.6.7 (which is called the "stable version" at
WDT> www.ruby-lang.org).

WDT> First, I think in array.c "len" is really of type long (4 bytes in my
WDT> machine).

WDT> Second, if you use "Array.new(n)" (as for tuple also we need to know the
WDT> exact size when we create it), then although initially Ruby allocs 16
WDT> elements, it will be resized immediately to exactly n elements.  So I
WDT> guess using tuple will only save memory of 4 bytes per array (assuming the
WDT> underlying pointer handle is the same for array and tuple).

1) sizeof(len)+sizeof(capa) == 8 :)
2) Array don't change capa after each operation. and there is times
when we need to use another method to create initial array. tuple
guarantees minimal size, when Array implementation is INTERNAL thing,
which can be changed

--
Best regards,
 Bulat                            mailto:bulatz / integ.ru