Hello William,

WDT> (Well, an analogy in C++ is the use of "inline" keyword, where there it

no! c++ analog is NOT USING virtual keyword. and offsets instead of
hashing, of course. inlining is just optimizer's problem

please see at eiffel, it is high-level OO language with semi-effective
compilation

WDT> To achive 80% of C performance, on the other hand, I think we still have
WDT> along way to go, and probably it will require something more than simply
WDT> static typing...

i still waiting for concrete recommendations from folks :)

--
Best regards,
 Bulat                            mailto:bulatz / integ.ru