matz / zetabits.com (Yukihiro Matsumoto) writes:

> |Does anyone but me like this proposal at all?
>
> I don't know.  I personally don't feel it's required.

Just to add a belated two cents, I'm personally against adding syntax
to Ruby for things that can be done using conventional methods. My
reasoning is simple: let's try things using methods first, preferably
using extension mixins. That way, we guarantee not to break existing
code, and we don't add bloat to the language.

Then, after a reasonable time, we can vote on moving the features from
the extension to either the standard library or to the language
itself.

Regards

Dave