"William Djaja Tjokroaminata" <billtj / z.glue.umd.edu> wrote in message
news:ana93j$7og$1 / grapevine.wam.umd.edu...
> Yap, I read the old version cover to cover but I think I could absorb only
> at most 50% of it.  The book is definitely *the* regexp bible.  Highly
> recommended to understand the state of the art of regexp (such as writing
> an optimum regexp).

BTW, the O'Reilly page has an interview with Friedl - in relation to the new
version he talks a lot about Perl 5 regexp being the an established
standard. In the first release a major point was the lack of standardization
in regexp (e.g. backslash or not before parentheses).

Where is Ruby RegEx compared to Perl 5?
Where is Boost RegEx compared to Perl 5?

Mikkel