Hi --

On Tue, 1 Oct 2002, William Djaja Tjokroaminata wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Actually I am thinking that if this "off-Ruby" topics traffic volume does
> not decrease, should we create another group such as
> "comp.lang.ruby.internals", or "comp.lang.ruby.misc", or
> "comp.lang.ruby.beyond"?  Here we can discuss possible Ruby enhancements,
> Ruby's C world, and/or anything that is beyond the current standard
> "Ruby" (that is, beyond its current syntax and beyond its current object
> model).

We can do all that here too.  However, if it does indeed get to the
point of literally planning a new programming language, it might be
time for a new group :-)  But it probably shouldn't have "ruby" in its
name.  ruby.internals and ruby.misc don't suggest a focus outside of
Ruby, and as for "beyond"... well, you'll have to write the language
first, and we'll see :-)

David

--
David Alan Black                      | Register for RubyConf 2002!
home: dblack / candle.superlink.net     | November 1-3