Tue, 1 Oct 2002 05:18:04 +0900, William Djaja Tjokroaminata <billtj / z.glue.umd.edu> pisze:

> I think all the combinations are possible.  For an example of dynamic
> type without gc, we can take Python, disable its internal reference
> counting, and just manually call "delete" (which is a keyword in
> Python) for any object that will not be needed anymore.

It's unusable in practice. I talked about programming languages which
anybody would want to use :-)  Memory management would be worse than in C.
Any function/operator argument which is itself a function/operator call
would have to be stored in a local variable and freed after the call...

--
  __("<      Marcin Kowalczyk
  \__/     qrczak / knm.org.pl