Sun, 29 Sep 2002 07:42:33 +0900, Mauricio Fern?ndez <batsman.geo / yahoo.com> pisze:

>  * have no GC, or at least have one separed from Ruby's main one.
>    Important as the object model would be different.
[...]
>  * perhaps be statically typed? (but types could be inferred so it feels
>    more like Ruby, by not having to declare them always)

I don't see how lack of GC can be compatible with dynamic types.
Statically typed with GC makes sense, but not the opposite...
Would function results be passed by value (how to do it without
static types?) or by reference (are variable values allocated on the
stack or heap? stack => you can't return a local variable, heap =>
you must explicitly free the result of integer addition).

Language design is not easy, various features are dependent or
don't mix.

--
  __("<      Marcin Kowalczyk
  \__/     qrczak / knm.org.pl