Hi Hal,

As this newsgroup is not moderated, I guess it is rather difficult to
completely prevent certain types of topics.  I see several options that
can be taken:

1) We just create a new rule, we put it in the FAQ, that these topics are
not welcomed.

2) We summarize all the ever existing discussions regarding those topics,
and any new mention of these topics can simply be redirected to the FAQ.

3) The title of the thread should be clear.  People not interested in
these topics can simply skip them.  I myself do not read every post, if
the title is not relevant.

4) Probably Matz can more clearly state his opinion, whether a discussion
topic is futile or not.  If Matz is positive that a topic is not relavant
to Ruby, then the affected people should find a new channel beside
comp.lang.ruby.

I am sorry if some of the topics bothered you.

Regards,

Bill