Hi Nikodemus,

I guess what usually being discussed are:

1) The name of the "new" language (which should not matter at all for now)
2) How much influence Ruby should have on this new language, or should we
start from Ruby at all (both syntax-wise and object model)
3) Whether this language should be a superset of Ruby (combination of both
static and dynamic typing) or not (purely statically typed)

And why Ruby and C should matter for R, my guess is because we all love
Ruby syntax and semantics and I personally want the C
speed. :)  Furthermore, Ruby itself is written in C.

Regards,

Bill