Hi,

Oh, I am really sorry, Matz.  I was concentrating more on static
vs. dynamic typing (like C vs. Ruby) and not on method overloading (like C
vs. C++).  I did not really follow the ongoing discussion regarding method
overloading, because to me it seems to have little to do with performance
and I will gladly accept whatever outcome that will be decided.

I guess the other ongoing discussion on static vs. dynamic typing is
easier/clenaer by assuming that we do not have method overloading.  Yes,
with method overloading, the code below will become more complicated,
unless, of course, we just simply follow C++ strategy by just
name-mangling the method name.

Regards,

Bill