Hi,

In message "Re: R"
    on 02/09/30, "Bulat Ziganshin" <bulatz / integ.ru> writes:

|YM> |anyone disagree with above?
|
|YM> I'm not sure.  From my simple benchmarks, method cache hit rate is
|YM> over 95%.  It suggests dynamic dispatch is not the main problem.
|
|but hash itself need time to work :)  and other dispatching code too.
|you say just that TREE SEARCHING is not the issue, i am right?

No.  Tree search result is stored in the cache, whose hit rate is more
than 95%.  It means hash seach traversing inheritance tree happens 1
to 20.  If Ruby is slow (and in fact it is), I think there's other
bottlenecks than method dispatching.

|consider two examples i stated above. in C and in Ruby. so...?

I was talking about Ruby's bottleneck, no comparison against other
compiled languages.

							matz.