On 9/29/00, Yukihiro Matsumoto wrote:

>his indicates you have rlimit but don't have sys/resource.h on your
>box.  I don't get it.  Could you show me your config.h?

That's the direction that I needed to be pointed in, thanks.  For some reason,
configure was refusing to admit that we had sys/resource.h on our machine,
and wasn't including it in config.h.  I added it by hand:

     #define HAVE_SYS_RESOURCE_H 1

and then we happily compiled,  but not without these warnings:
-----
In file included from /usr/include/sys/resource.h:25,
                 from eval.c:75:
/usr/include/bits/resource.h:109: warning: `RLIM_INFINITY' redefined
/usr/include/asm/resource.h:25: warning: this is the location of the previous definition
In file included from /usr/include/sys/resource.h:25,
                 from process.c:41:
/usr/include/bits/resource.h:109: warning: `RLIM_INFINITY' redefined
/usr/include/asm/resource.h:25: warning: this is the location of the previous definition
-----

The test succeeded; I can now move on to learning how to use Ruby.

Thanks again.
(I'll be happy to provide any other info)
--
Tony Reed
<CallUs / Sympatico.CA>