Hi ruby-talk,

I am trying to configure my Apache web server (Server version:
Apache/1.3.26 (Unix) Debian GNU/Linux) on Debian to be able to use
eRuby.  I followed the instructions in Michael Neumann's "Ruby
Developer's Guide" (pp.384-386).  Here's what I added to
/etc/apache/conf/httpd.conf:

[quote]
    AddModule mod_ruby.c
    <IfModule mod_ruby.c>
        RubyRequire apache/ruby-run

        <Location /ruby>
            SetHandler ruby-object
            RubyHandler Apache::RubyRun.instance
            Options ExecCGI
        </Location>

        <Files *.rbx>
            SetHandler ruby-object
            RubyHandler Apache::RubyRun.instance
        </Files>

        # eRuby
        <Location /eruby>
            SetHandler ruby-object
            RubyHandler Apache::ERubyRun.instance
            Options ExecCGI
        </Location>

        <Files *.rhtml>
            SetHandler ruby-object
            RubyHandler Apache::ERubyRun.instance
        </Files>
    </IfModule>
[/quote]

Then, I restart Apache, and when I list the loaded modules, here's the
output:

[quote]
    [root@vincent: /etc/apache/conf]# apache -l
    Compiled-in modules:
      http_core.c
      mod_so.c
      mod_macro.c
    suexec: enabled; valid wrapper /usr/lib/apache/suexec
[/quote]

And when I try to view a .rhtml file, I get the following message:

[quote]
    Internal Server Error

    unable to complete your request.

    Please contact the server administrator, webmaster@vincent and
    inform them of the time the error occurred, and anything you might
    have done that may have caused the error.

    More information about this error may be available in the server
    error log.
[/quote]

Does anyone know how to fix that problem?  Is it Debian related? Thanks.

Vincent

--

Vincent Foley-Bourgon
Email: vinfoley / iquebec.com