Matt Gushee <mgushee / havenrock.com> wrote in

> So anyway, I agree there should be a tutorial, and I'm more likely to
> actually do something about it if I don't have to do all the work
> myself. What role would you see yourself taking on this project?

I once asked in <something>.java.advocacy if someone could demonstrate a
GUI java app that wasn't painfully slow... I was recommended two, one of
which was jEdit, which I have since tried and its just as slow as
anything else I've seen :( from my beginner pov, since at the
fundamental, machine code level, there is no concept of a class, anything
that is compiled down should have such concepts removed - since java
still has a class concept post-compilation, the compilation stage doesn't
seem to have much purpose...

Does the concept of a class exist in ruby, once a program has been
reduced to the decision-tree level? (apologies if I have this ludicrously
wrong)

--
Jonathan Dowland