On Sat, Sep 28, 2002 at 12:18:28AM +0900, Volkmann, Mark wrote:
> In my case I'm given a string which is a namespace prefix and I want to
> determine the namespace it is associated with.  I don't have an Element
> object so I can't use the namespace method.

But you have a Document instance, don't you?

I was thinking you might be able to do something with XPath, e.g.

    XPath.match(doc,"namespace-uri(//#{prefix}:*[1])")

that doesn't work, though. I'm not sure if namespace-uri() is
implemented in REXML or not. And I think in order to use a namespace
prefix in XPath, you may have to define it in the context where it is
being evaluated. I know you have to do that in XSLT; I'm not sure what
the XPath spec requires for stand-alone XPath processing. Oh, well, so
much for that idea. You may have to just walk the document tree until
you find a match.

--
Matt Gushee
Englewood, Colorado, USA