on this web page

    http://www.perl.com/pub/2000/09/sapphire.html

under the text "Ruby language":

# Sapphire - Another Gem of an Idea?
#
# by Simon Cozens
# Sept. 19, 2000
#
# Naming languages after stones is getting a bit old-hat these days. We
# all know and love Perl; you might have heard of the Ruby language,
                                                      --------------
# which I'll talk more about another time. There's also Chip
# Salzenberg's Topaz project, an idea to rewrite Perl in C++, which
# ended with the announcement of the Perl 6 effort. And now, there's
# Sapphire. So what's this all about?

<snip>

# Also, as a secondary goal, I wanted to show the flexibility of some of
# my design ideas for Perl 6. It's dangerous when people are sitting
# around for a long time discussing software design without
# implementations, without benchmarks and without a single line of code.
# I prefer getting up and doing something rather than talking about it.
# So I was going to show my ideas in software, not in words.

<Remainder of interesting article snipped.>

Conrad Schneiker