Hi,

This is actually rather confusing to me, since in Ruby the '()' is
optional in a method call.  In all other languages that I have used, the
'()' is almost always mandatory (I never used Eiffel).

My question is, what is the reason of not to put some space before the
opening '(' in a method call?  I personally have not encountered a
pathological case where the space does create a problem.

Regards,

Bill