In my kakasi-renamer I want to change filenames to Roumaji as follows:

  hiragana
  KATAKANA
  Kanji

How to do that? I'm thinking of running kakasi multiple times, perhaps:

Katakana->ASCII
upcase
Everything else->ASCII

But this would also upcase existing ASCII characters in the file name.

Currently I have

    if Kconv::guess (name) != Kconv::UNKNOWN
      euc = Kconv::toeuc (name)
      ascii = Kakasi::kakasi ('-C -s -ja -ga -ka -Ea -Ka -Ha -Ja -ieuc -oeuc -rhepburn -u', euc)
      # Could I instead write Kanji, hiragana and KATAKANA?
      # Watashi wa gaijin desu, I don't know the language, I don't know the
      # coding systems, I don't know kakasi's internals, therefore I don't
      # know if it is safe to call multiple times with different options.
      # All I know is how to use kinput2 to write Greek letters (ARUFA, PAI)
      # and the infinity sign (mugendai).

Does anyone have a solution or at least a hint? Or is there a Kakasi
version which is able of that directly?

--
begin  if-attachment--newsreader-broken.txt
L0VAA;F=E('EO=7(@8G)O:V5N*VEN8V]M<&%T:6)L92!N97=S<F5A9&5R7"$`