Oh, no, no, I didn't intend to say it can't be done at all.  It is not
100% proven yet, and we may encounter interesting things along the way.  I
am sorry if some people thought differently.

In my own simulator, when it is fully grown with all the networking
protocols and algorithms, I also expect it to be 100K+ lines of
(Ruby) codes.  Only the small core will definitely be in C.

Also, I am always thinking about my users, who may contribute some
codes.  I don't expect them to be highly advanced programmers.  So it is
nice if the language itself provides some help and protection.

Regards,

Bill