William Djaja Tjokroaminata <billtj / z.glue.umd.edu> writes:

> For a large team, the story is different.  I don't want the whole project
> goes awry just because a person has a pointer error.  (In this regard Java
> is much better, because there is no pointer).  Do you really think that we
> can assemble 100 people now to write a single, large, Ruby application,
> and not expecting performance and bug problems?
Yes, I can not see any reason why Ruby should worse than Smalltalk,
Common Lisp, Python, Perl or even C. You will need some infrastructure
which might have
to be adopted for Ruby, but why should there be a problem? It very
depends on the application at hand. For many of them I would think
Ruby is still fast enough.

Regards
Friedrich