I have an application (a program to quiz me in Greek) that currently
outputs to stdout and reads from stdin.  It prints its questions using
UTF-8, which comes out nicely on a properly configured xterm.

I would like to port this program to Windows (specifically, 98).  I
wrote a new interface using FOX, only to discover that FOX has no
Unicode support.  Having read that Tk 8.1 and later has UTF-8 support, I
thought I would give Tk a try.

I've got a TkText widget that I print my UTF-8 text to.  The TkText
widget is set up to use the Athena font
(http://greekbible.com/fonts/athena.zip).  However, the font comes out
very ugly, and the Greek text shows up as gibberish.

I've tried using Tk.fromUTF8() to use a different encoding; the best I
could come up with was with the Symbol font, and while this gives me all
the greek letters, it's missing most of the accent marks that I need.

I tried Ruby 1.6.6 and 1.7.2 from rubycentral.com.

Any ideas?

Paul