Hello Christoph,

C> This is not necessarily true - You could make the
C> the overridden arguments part explicit. For example
C> we might write

C>    f(i, am , a, the overridden, part ; rest, of, the, *arguments )

no, using at least one type (pattern) specifier will be sign that
function is overloaded. this type can be Object :)

>> 3. Bignum and Fixnum.  Conversion between these are automatic.  How does
>> this affect specialization?

C> As much as I like to argue with Guy over over overloading;-)
C> I agree with him that mixing automatic conversion  and
C> overloading is a very bad idea  (so bad that rather not have
C> any overloading at all)

ruby don't have autoconversion between these two or any other types. i
think, he just say that fixnum+fixnum can be fixnum or bignum, but
it's not autoconversion. and i never say about autoconversion for
overloaded functions

--
Best regards,
 Bulat                            mailto:bulatz / integ.ru