William Djaja Tjokroaminata wrote:

> I think from time to time there are discussions on things that people find
> surprising in Ruby.  However, is there a formal compiled list of all such
> things already?  I know that whether a feature makes it into the list
> really depends on the programming background of the person, but probably
> "some programming experience" is good enough to be a criterion, and
> probably we want to be more on the safe side than being too restrictive.
>
> The intention is not to debate the feature, but just to list the feature,
> probably with some explanation.  Hopefully such a list can be really
> beneficial for newcomers to Ruby.  If there is no such formal list, I
> don't mind being a maintainer.

I've never run across such as list. This FAQ list:

	http://www.rubycentral.com/faq/rubyfaqall.html

may give you some ideas about things that are frequently asked about.
Also, the "When Trouble Strikes" chapter of "Programming Ruby":

	http://www.rubycentral.com/book/trouble.html

has a section titled "But It Doesn't Work!" which lists "common gotchas
and other tips". This might be a good source as well.

Hope this helps,

Lyle