On Wed, Sep 25, 2002 at 07:42:10AM +0900, Gavin Sinclair wrote:
> See the Tempfile class in Pickaxe.
>
> Gavin

Hahaha, I've even used that class before and I had forgotten all about
it. :)

Looking at the source, it appears to do the right thing (though I'm no
expert).  The only thing that looks strange is the creation of the lock
directory; it seems to me that the function could just try to open() the
file to begin with; if the open() call fails, then the file probably
already existed.

I wonder if Ruby has been ported to a system on which O_EXCL is broken?

It would also be nice if Tempfile.open took a block.

Paul