Hello Christian,

CS> Now, let us be honest, is it so important? I do a lot of
CS> meta-programming, but I have never encountered a situation
CS> requiring such a high level approach.

i had. sorting a list of filenames on given criterion:

sort_by "es", filenames  # sorts by extension then size
sort_by "n", filenames   # sorts by filename w/o path and extension

i want to create meta-function which returns function to sort (or just
compare criterions) given ordering string:

sort_by "es"
returns
{|filename| [File.ext(filename), File.stat(filename).size] }

can you (and Ruby :) help me? -eval

--
Best regards,
 Bulat                            mailto:bulatz / integ.ru