----- Original Message -----
From: <dblack / candle.superlink.net>

[We all know the context!]

> Wouldn't allowing #at to take multiple arguments be cleaner?
>
> David

By now, the problem of overloading #at have been made clear: arr.at(a) returns
an Object, not an Array.  Also, I think the primary purpose of #at is to *not*
be overloaded: i.e. it does what it does without any overhead.

'pick' is being touted.  I do not like it.  I like 'grab', but I doubt others
will :)  To me, 'pick' sounds exactly like 'select': you 'pick' values based on
some criteria.  OTOH, 'grab' sounds like a very straightforward operation,
which 'indices' is.

Gavin