> As an experiment, I checked the latest source out of CVS and compiled it
> under Cygwin. At the time of writting, the script below has iterated 250
> times without a problem.
>
> Going to leave it running and see if it simply keeps on going.
>
> Rob, puzzeled!

Just wanted to do a final follow up, I have been running the code under
cygwin all weekend now and it hasn't crashed. (a marked improvement over
the 50 odd seconds I was previously getting).

I can't see anything in the changelog to suggest that there was
something fixed between when 1.7.2-4 for windows was released and the
cvs code I checked out on the 20th september.

Which, I think, suggests there is something wrong in the underlying
nature of the VisiC++ build. Unfortuantly I am not capable of digging
deep enough to find out what.

Rob