Hi,

As I don't have a computer science background, my dream is a
"language" where I can specify my own rules.  I can specify whether I want
a free form language like C and Perl, or an indentation-based language
like Python.  I can specify whether I have array/hash context such as
in Perl, or I just want Ruby object model.

Yes, probably tools such as yacc and bison already exist to create a new
language, but they are still too hard to use for a typical
programmer.  (How many new languages are actually created per day?)  It
may be a total dream, but who could imagine a language like Ruby 30 years
ago when assembly, BASIC, Fortran, and COBOL were the norm?

Basically, my dream is I can specify easily: I want a language with Ruby
object model, with Python syntax, with reference counting gc, without the
need for Python ending ":" to reduce typing, with blocks, and voila! with
just several instructions such a language is created.  And even further, I
can change the gc model for different parts of my code.  Basically,
each one of us can create his/her own rules based on his/her own
preferences at that moment.  What a dream... (Any possibilities from the
theoretical computer science point of view?  Hopefully a Turing machine is
not the answer; it is still too hard to use :) )

Regards,

Bill