i've programmed computers for the greater portion of my life and find
myself really "set in my ways" when it comes to solving problems.  i
have both Dave and Matz's ruby books and have read the description of
yield numerous times, yet never used a single yield statement in just
over a year of ruby coding.

when do you use yield?  has it solved problems for you when you
couldn't find another solution?  how did you first start using yield?

i want to expand my mind and wrap it around this concept, any pointers
(besides RTFM), or sample code would be greatly appreciated