On Friday 20 September 2002 02:48 pm, you wrote:
> Pattern of Mnemonic usage:
>
> multiple processes: use a single mnemonic process for, what's the
> buzzword?, the business logic? Of course this complicates things and
> is usually implemented as if accessing a centralised database.
>
> multiple threads: use mutex
>
> multiple users: make mnemonic file location adjustable on per user
> basis.
>
> YS.

Hello,
I am sorry for the lack of clarity in my last message, it had been a long day.

Basically I would really like to use Mnemonic within an Apache or Webrick
environment. I guess I do not understand WHY there would be a problem with
concurrent access (is that the correct term?). I am also a little confused
about the issue of multiple processes, threads, and users.

I know as a first step I should probably gather some more information on
POSIX threads. This may help me to understand the subject of threads more
clearly. Apart from that what else may I need?
Thank you, Oliver.