gmnotyet / yahoo.com (J Hall) writes:

> Yes, I am aware of Ruby In A Nutshell but was looking for something
> more tutorail in nature, like the Learning Perl book by Randal or
> Programming Perl by Larry. Anything like those books, from O'Reilly.

Frankly, the Pickaxe Book ("Programming Ruby", by Dave Thomas and Andy
Hunt) is what you are looking for.  No, it's not from O'Reilly; but
it's every bit as good as the best books that fine house puts out; and
it's the Ruby equivalent of O'Reilly's "Programming Perl".  It's right
up there with the Camel Book on my list of most enjoyable programming
language texts.  If you're not convinced, have a look at the online
version before you buy it.

~Avdi