On Thursday, September 19, 2002, at 08:40 PM, Shashank Date wrote:

>> + Added a prelude argument for header and datatype declarations.
>
> Can you please show with an example how to use the "prelude" argument.
> My (dumb) attempt was :
>
> inline args, '#include <stdio.h>',<<-END
> END
>
> But then what if I have multiple lines in the prelude?

Either:
+ embed \n in a double quoted (or other form of interpreted) string.
+ just have a multi line string
+ use the heredoc style string as above, but w/ a variable above the
inline call...

> I got this message:
>
> C:\ruby\RubyInline-1.0.6>ruby -v example.rb
> ruby 1.7.2 (2002-07-02) [i386-mswin32]
> RubyInline 1.0.6
> c:/ruby/lib/ruby/site_ruby/inline.rb:30:in `inline': undefined method
> `+'
> for nil (NoMethodError)
>         from example.rb:16:in `fastfact'
>         from example.rb:36
>         from example.rb:36:in `each'
>         from example.rb:36

Define INLINEDIR or HOME in your environment. Better yet, get cygwin
and run in a POSIX environment. Windows does too many things on too
many platforms and I own NONE of them to test on.