Hi all, its been a long but educational day :-)

Question:

If I create reader and writer attributes

eg
attr_reader :code, :name, :telephone
attr_writer :name, :telephone

Now self.code is a system generated code but how can I set it privately for
example

I call the db and get the data in a hash

I can use

	self.name = data['name']
	self.telephone = data['telephone']

my problem is that I cannot set the code from the db (ie data['code'])
otherwise I would have to declare it in attr_writer which would make it
public, is there a way to make a writer attribute private eg

private

attr_writer :code

Many thanks

Graeme Matthew
Analyst Programmer
Mercer Investment Consulting
Level 29, 101 Collins Street, Melbourne, VIC, 3001, Australia
Tel  - 61 3 9245 5352 Fax - 61 3 9245 5330
visit http://www.merceric.com

__

This e-mail and any attachments may be confidential or legally privileged.
If you received this message in error or are not the intended recipient, you
prohibited from retaining, distributing, disclosing or using any information
contained herein.  Please inform us of the erroneous delivery by return
e-mail.

Thank you for your cooperation.

ec03/04