> The ruby version isn't near as feature-full as the perl version, but it
> is neat!

Very neat !

> + Added a prelude argument for header and datatype declarations.

Can you please show with an example how to use the "prelude" argument.
My (dumb) attempt was :

inline args, '#include <stdio.h>',<<-END
END

But then what if I have multiple lines in the prelude?

> - Added some compatibility code for windows.

I hate to bother you again ...but I couldn't make it work on Windows XP
(Home Edition).
I got this message:

C:\ruby\RubyInline-1.0.6>ruby -v example.rb
ruby 1.7.2 (2002-07-02) [i386-mswin32]
RubyInline 1.0.6
c:/ruby/lib/ruby/site_ruby/inline.rb:30:in `inline': undefined method `+'
for nil (NoMethodError)
        from example.rb:16:in `fastfact'
        from example.rb:36
        from example.rb:36:in `each'